A. H. SMITH

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Married: The Party Spoon

Little He: Can we get some ice cream?
He: Did the fact that we are standing in front of a gelato store have anything to do with that question?
She: The boy has impeccable timing!
He: (to She) I suppose you were in on this.
She: I….
He: You never miss an opportunity to ….
Little He: She pointed at the sign while you were talking to the pan handler.
She: Talking about never missing an opportunity… What is it with you and pan handlers? Do you have to strike up a conversation with every one you meet?
He: The guy was from New York, came here in the ‘50s. He…
Little He: What about the ice cream?
He: Ice cream it is!  I’ll tell you about the homeless guy later.
She: I can’t wait.
Little He: I want chocolate mint!
Server He: Do you want that on a cone or in a cup!
Little He: I want a cone, please!
He: Good choice!
Server He: Ma’am?
She: Chocolate, of course. On a sugar cone, please.
He: I didn’t see that one coming.
Server He: And you, sir?.........Sir?
Little He: Daddy, tell him what you want!
He: Licorice and coconut!
She: Licorice and coconut? What kind of a combination is that?
He: You have to try new things, my dear. It’s called being adventurous! Nothing is so predictable as chocolate.
She: I am adventurous. I ordered German chocolate.
Server He: Cup or cone, sir?
He: Cup. I have to watch my sugar intake.
She: (rolled eyes)
Little He: My gelato is delicious. How is yours, Mommy?
She: Predictably wonderful.
Little He: How’s yours, Daddy?
He: I don’t know; I don’t have a spoon. The guy didn’t give me a spoon.
Little He: (reading sign on jar of spoons on counter) “R…T…Y  SPOONS.”  Daddy, they have party spoons right here.
He: Great! (Grabbing a spoon and digging in) This is delicious. Although it does taste a little odd when the coconut mixes with the licorice. Good though. Adventurous.
Server He:  Sorry, sir.  Here’s your spoon. 
He:  That’s OK.  I already got one (pointing to the PARTY SPOONS)
Server He:  That actually is the jar for DIRTY SPOONS (turning the jar so the whole word can be seen).  People taste different gelatos and then throw the used spoons in there.
She: (laughing)
Little He: (laughing)
He: Oh, shit. (Trying to spit the germs out)
She:  Anyone want a spoonful of adventure?
He:  Funny.  You guys finish your gelato while I go outside and talk to the homeless guy. I’m disrespected in here!
Little He:  Probably even the homeless guy wouldn’t eat gelato from someone else’s dirty spoon.
She:  No, that would be unlikely.

No comments:

Post a Comment