A. H. SMITH

Monday, August 22, 2011

Married: The Heater

She: I’m hot.
Me: Just one of the many reasons I married you.
She: Not that kind of hot, silly. The burning up kind of hot.
Me: Push the covers down.
She: They’re already down.
Me: I’m not hot.
She: That’s because you have on a knit cap, flannel pants, a sweatshirt and socks.
Me: That’s because it’s freezing in here.
She: Is the heat on?
Me: No. I turned it off when we went to bed. Just like you asked.
She: Is the window open?
Me: Not yet, but I have a feeling that’s about to change.
She: It would cool things down a bit.
Me: I don’t see how that’s possible.
She: Ok.
Me: Ok what?
She: Would you open the window?
Me: Me?
She: Yes, you.
Me: I’m all snuggled in. I’m like some homeless guy who just crawled into his cardboard house. I don’t want to get out.
She: It’s too cold for me to get out of bed.
Me: Wait a minute. It’s too hot in bed, but it’s too cold to get out of bed to open the window to make it colder in here.
She: You’re dressed for it. I’m not.
Me: Logic wins again.
She: Thank you.
Me: It’s the coldest night of the year…probably ever…and I have to get out of bed and open the freakin’ window.
She: You’re an angel.
Me: You’re going to feel really bad if you wake up in the morning and I’ve frozen to death.
She: That would be sad. Thank you for opening the window.
Me: I’m putting my ear muffs on. I can’t hear you.
She: If it gets hot later, can we put the fan on?
Me: I can’t hear you.

No comments:

Post a Comment