A. H. SMITH

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Schooled: The Birthday


Me: Ok. Let’s get working.
He: Is today your birthday, Mr. Smith?

Me: Everyday is a birthday party in this class room!
She: Seriously, is today your birthday?
Me: Yes, it is.
She: Happy Birthday, Mr. Smith.
He: Happy Birthday!
Second He: Happy Birthday!
Me: Thank you very much. Now let’s get to work.
He: How old are you, Mr. Smith.
Me: Older than you…Heck, I’m probably the oldest guy in the room.
She: He’s probably in his forties.
Second He: Probably 50.
Me: Ok. If I tell you how old I am will you get to work?
He: Sure, but probably no more than 52.
Me: I’m 62. I hope you’re happy.
He: Wow! 62!
She: That’s pretty old, Mr. Smith!
Second He: Whoa. I didn’t see that one coming.
Second She: You don’t look that old, Mr. Smith.
Me: Thanks. I think.
Third He: Who’s old?
He: Smith. He’s 62.
Third He: My god! That’s older than my grandpa!
He: How did you get to be so old, Mr. Smith?
Me: One day at a time.
She: You’re not that old. At least you don’t look that old. Quit bugging him about how old he is. You’re going to hurt his feelings.
Second He: Smith doesn’t have any feelings. He told me that outside the last time he kicked me out.
Me: I’m starting to get a feeling that someone else is going to get the boot if they don’t get to work.
He: Can I have a hug, Mr. Smith?
Me: No.
Second He: Told you.

No comments:

Post a Comment