A. H. SMITH

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Schooled: The Break Up

He: She’ll probably be crying all period.
Me: What?

He: She’ll probably be crying all period.
Me: Who will?
He: My girlfriend. I mean my ex-girlfriend.
Me: Ex?
He: We broke up.
Me: Again?
He: But this time it’s for real.
Me: Why did you break up?
He: We weren’t combustible.
Me: Combustible?
He: Yeah…
Me: Do you mean compatible?
He: Yeah…that, too.
Me: I’m sure she’ll be fine.

(A few minutes later….)

She: Can I talk to you outside?
Me: Sure.
She: He and I broke up.
Me: I heard.
She: He said we weren’t combustible.
Me: Do you mean compatible?
She: He already has a new girlfriend!
Me: I’m so sorry.
She: I think I’m a lesbian!
Me: I wouldn’t jump to any hasty conclusions right now.
She: (Sobbing) I hate boys!
Me: I know just how you feel.


No comments:

Post a Comment