A. H. SMITH

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Married: The Red Paint


He: What’s the matter?
She: I don’t want you to panic, but look at this towel.
He: Not the towel thing again. Haven’t we already done the towel thing?  And besides I don’t think all the towel problems were my fault. I think it’s your make-up that stains them. I think I get blamed for everything around here. There are a lot of other ways towels can get stained. How come it’s always my fault?
She: Honey, it’s red paint.
He: Maybe it’s lipstick.
She: It’s paint. Remember when you were working in the studio and you came in the house and your hands were covered with paint? Specifically red paint.
He: Oh.
She: Oh, here’s another one.
He: Red paint? On two white towels?
She: Yep. Well…actually only one white towel.
He: What do you mean? There are two white towels with red paint on them.
She: Well…there is one white towel. The other didn’t start as white.
He: Huh?
She: It started as a sky blue towel until you stained that one and tried to solve the problem by bleaching it, at which point, it acquired its lovely white hue.
He: Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment